In what is certainly turning 2010 into the winter of fashion discontent, the onetime Michelle Obama fave Maria Pinto told the Sun-Times she is closing up shop.
- Chicago Architecture Biennial: Maria Gaspar Brings Change Gaspar challenges traditional power dynamics to bring what she calls "spatial justice."
- Rising From the Earth: Soil Lab Uncovers Layers of Chicago Histories (CAB 2021) Soil Lab is building a place of assembly in North Lawndale by using brick, tile, and rammed earth to create a structure that will become a “community meeting point.”
- A Troubling Blind Spot: Putting Race into the Urban Design Conversation Current advice on how to improve public space “never once mentions race, revealing a troubling blind spot in the way urban designers talk about this crisis.”
- Designing the City of Color: A Three-Part interview with L. Anton Seals (Part One) In Conversation with Grow Greater Englewood Executive Director.
- Design 50: Who Shapes Chicago 2019 Chicago is constantly growing and changing shape. And powerful design has been a driving force in its success.
- Design 50: Who Shapes Chicago 2020 This year’s Design 50 highlights Chicago’s creatives—those who give us boundary-pushing work, immersive experiences and all-around impeccable design.