Visit design.newcity.com for all the latest installments.
- The History of This Very Moment: Newcity’s Preview of the 2017 Chicago Architecture Biennial For its sophomore outing after a successful debut two years ago, the Chicago Architecture Biennial wisely looked outside our city’s borders for its vision, appointing the LA-based duo of Sharon Johnston and Mark Lee to give it fresh eyes.
- Changing Our Perspective: Newcity’s Preview of the 2019 Chicago Architecture Biennial This year's “…and other such stories” is about more than architecture and design.
- It's Time to Play: A Conversation with the Curators of the New Game Design Show Coming to the Chicago Design Museum “Hey Play!” shows how the medium of games extends through a number of continuums: digital to analog, introspective to social, curated to collaborative, sedentary to sweaty, serious to silly.
- Design 50: Who Shapes Chicago 2019 Chicago is constantly growing and changing shape. And powerful design has been a driving force in its success.
- Design 50: Who Shapes Chicago 2018 Like a shared urban workspace, ours is a city of communication and collaboration that brings together extraordinary artists, designers, makers and entrepreneurs to help one another grow their creative vision as they elevate the city’s art, design and culture scene.
- Design 50: Who Shapes Chicago 2020 This year’s Design 50 highlights Chicago’s creatives—those who give us boundary-pushing work, immersive experiences and all-around impeccable design.