What’s better than dressing to the nines? Dressing to the nines in the company of some of the world’s best galleries and most creative artwork. These EXPO 2014 Vernissage guests managed to stand out while blending in with seriously cool art.
1. Eric Ruschman by Marcia Hafif’s work at Galerie Michael Janssen (Berlin/Singapore)
2. Shellie Thompson by Shaan Syed’s work at Galerie Michael Janssen (Berlin/Singapore)
3. Mika Horibuchi by Tadaaki Kuwayama’s work at Hill Gallery (Birmingham, MI)
4. Rae by Whitney Bedford’s work at Carrie Secrist Gallery (Chicago)
5. Banu Newell by Andrew Holmquist’s work at Carrie Secrist Gallery (Chicago)
6. Samm Mackin by Huma Bhabha’s work at Salon 94 (New York)
7. Jenny Kendler, artist-in-residence of the Natural Resources Defense Council, with her own work at the NRDC booth
8. Jing Ouyang by Linda Mieko Allen’s work at Nancy Hoffman Gallery (New York)
9. Vincent Uribe by Scott Carter’s work at Linda Warren Projects (Chicago)
10. Anna Mort by Mark Fox’s work at Robert Miller Gallery (New York)
11. Adrienne Meraz by Nobuo Sekine’s work at Richard Gray Gallery (Chicago/New York)
Journalist Isa Giallorenzo was born in São Paulo, Brazil and has elected Chicago as her beloved home since 2009. She runs the street-style blog Chicago Looks and wants to see this town become one of the fashion capitals of the world.